Education & Training Level 5
What is the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training?
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and training allows and qualifies you to work in the lifelong learning sector in a full teaching position within further education as well as in some secondary schools. With this certification you are able to apply for your Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
What does it involve?
The duration of the course is approximately 6-12 months. Students will be required to have access to 100 hours of teaching practice whilst on the course, if you have done any teaching in the past 3 months we may be able to take this into consideration. You will also be observed for a minimum of 1 hour during your course on 8 separate occasions, we can come to your location for these at no extra cost. Alternatively you can be observed by one of your colleagues but they must be suitably qualified.
There are 7 units within the course, these include :
- Continuing personal and professional development
- Curriculum development for inclusive practice
- Wider professional practice
- Enabling learning through assessment
- Applying theories and principles for planning and enabling inclusive learning and teaching
You can also gain credits by completing Optional Units, examples of these are :
- Action learning for teaching in a specialist area of disability
- Action research
- Delivering employability skills
- Effective partnership working in the learning and teaching context