Education & Training Level 4
What is the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training?
The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a requirement for anyone looking to work in a Teaching role in an associate position. This role carries less responsibility than that of a full teaching role. It is a nationally recognised qualification which allows you to progress onto the Level 5 Diploma, bringing you closer to being able to gain your QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills).
What does it involve?
The duration of the course is approximately 3-6 months. Students will be required to have access to 30 hours of teaching practice whilst on the course, if you have done any teaching in the past 3 months we may be able to take this into consideration. You will be observed for 1 hour during the course on three separate occasions, we can come to your location for these at no extra cost. Alternatively you can be observed by one of your colleagues as long as they are suitably qualified. There are 6 units within this course as follows;
The units are:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (3 assignments)
- Planning to Meet the Needs of Learners in Education and Training (4 assignments)
- Delivering Education and Training (5 assignments)
- Assessing Learners in Education and Training (4 assignments)
- Using Resources for Education and Training (3 assignments)
- Developing, Using and Organising Resources in a Specialist Area (5 assignments)